A road for a pilgrim to enter upon who would climb to the gates of heaven – Thoreau 1844.
North Adams, MA, Sat Sep 9, 2017
THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT DAY!
Register Now On BikeReg: https://www.bikereg.com/greylock2017
THIS JUST IN!!! The Wachusett Hill Climb has just joined forces with the NCC Mount Greylock Hillclimb Time Trial to form the Massachusetts Hill Climb Championship! Those who race at both events will have their times combined and be automatically entered to win great prizes at the conclusion of the Greylock event! Wachusett Reg Closes Weds 5/8/17 https://www.bikereg.com/wachusett-mountain-hill-climb
…will be posted day before race
Start: Western Gateway Heritage State Park
115 State Street, North Adams, Massachusetts 01247-3852
Finish: The Highest Point in Massachusetts!
Please note that the auto road is open to vehicle traffic during the event, and normal traffic rules apply. Your friends and family are welcome to cheer you on along the road or at the summit in designated parking areas (a small fee is charged at the summit for parking). After finishing the race it is your responsibility to pedal down the mountain or coordinate a ride down.
TIME TRIAL FORMAT RACE = NO DRAFTING ALLOWED!
Past Results: http://www.nohobikeclub.org/greylocktt/results/
We need volunteers! Please sign up here: https://www.volunteersignup.org/RLJ4X
Keep up to date with our NEW Facebook Page!
- Approximately 2860′ of total climbing for an overall elevation gain of 2760′, on a 5.9% average grade. Summit elevation is 3491′.
- Course records: Marti Shea (female, 2010, 44:33) and Eneas Freyre (male, 2015, 37:27).
- Elevation profile and climb description.
- Strava segment.
- Facebook page. Please “like” us for updates as race day approaches!
- Age division medals. Note: “AGE” is how old you are on December 31st the year of the race.
- Juniors (under age 20) pay just $19 entry fee.
- Light refreshments at the summit
- Party & music in the courtyard after the race at the Freight Yard Pub. One free Berkshire Brewing Company beer or beverage with Hot lunch. Cash bar available.
- Online registration includes an event shirt!
- Registration and packet pick up is Friday 6-7:00 PM or Saturday 7-9:30 AM.
- Registration includes a pint of BBC beer Friday eve at the Freight Yard Pub with your race number.
- A lunch and beverage ticket will be issued at registration both Friday & Saturday and can be used starting at 11:00 AM Saturday. No ticket no meal.
- Meal Tickets can be purchased at registration for family and friends.
What’s included in your registration?
- The chance to suffer on your bike in an a safe, organized fashion, and to put all your summer training to good use. Race hard if you choose or “casually” pedal up the mountain and enjoy the scenery!
- An awesome event shirt. Our 2015 shirts won critical acclaim amongst participants and we intend to up our game in 2016.
- Optional gear transport to the summit so that you dont freeze on the descent after!
- Lunch and beer when you are done racing (and even more beer if you happen to show up on Friday night to pick up your bib instead of Saturday morning).
- Medals for age group winners + top 3 overall winners.
Local Lodging Options include…
- Bascom Lodge: At the summit of Mount Greylock! From hotel-like private rooms all the way to coed bunk rooms. www.bascomlodge.net or 413-743-1591. Really good dining too!
- Holiday Inn: Special rates if you mention the race. 40 Main St. North Adams, MA 01247
- The Williams Inn: Special rates if you mention the race. 1090 Main St. Williamstown, MA, 01267. 413-458-9371.
- Porches Inn at MASS MoCA: offers 47 rooms & suites in six Victorian-era row houses renovated in retro chic style. A healthful continental breakfast buffet is included in the room rate. Phone: (413) 664-0400.
- Historical Valley Campground: Located on picturesque Windsor Lake, 1.5 miles from downtown North Adams. Reservations can be made by calling 413-662-3198 or by sending an email request to: email@example.com. Special discounts available to race participants and their families.
- Nearby museums; Mass MoCa, The Clark Art Museum, Norman Rockwell Museum.
- Thru July 5……………………………………$60
- July 6 – August 31…………………………..$65
- September 1 – 7……………………………..$70
- After Sept 7 + onsite registration………..$75
This event is intended to raise money in support of NCC youth programs and the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition. Refunds are not offered.